21 Powerful Enthusiasm Quotes
Can you honestly say that you bring a zest and gusto to the things you do and the interactions you have each day of your life? If so you’re doing yourself a big favour because scientist have proven that enthusiasm for life might actually be able to reverse the signs of ageing, so it’s probably a good idea to make it a fundamental part of how we live our lives.
As many great minds have also professed, enthusiasm is an essential ingredient to bringing big ideas to life. Throughout creators, innovators and entrepreneurs have known the power of enthusiasm.
Big ideas need that spark behind them to get them off the ground. The movers and shaker know enthusiasm lights up life, brings joy to the mundane and transforms mediocre. Without enthusiasm for what you do, what’s the point?
Enthusiasm comes from the Greek adjective entheos which translates as “full of the god, inspired, possessed”. The Greeks used it as a term of praise for poets and other artists they revered.
Enthusiasm is a magical, intoxicating, contagious energy found within those who live with great hope. Men (and women) who savour each moment and anticipate great opportunities and possibilities ahead. It helps to keep you agile and nimble in body and mind so I’d highly recommend practicing bringing more of it into your life (find out how to increase enthusiasm in this article). Here are 21 powerful enthusiasm quotes to get you started :
1. “Young people, you need the wisdom of age, just as some of us older ones need your enthusiasm for life.” ~ Ezra Taft Benson
2. “Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas.” ~ Henry Ford
3. “Enthusiasm is the divine particle in our composition: with it we are great, generous, and true; without it, we are little, false, and mean.” ~ Letitia Elizabeth Landon
4. “Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.” ~ Pele
5. “The real secret of success is enthusiasm.” ~ Walter Chrysler
6. “The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which mean never loosing your enthusiasm.” ~ Aldous Huxley
7. “There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
8. “Fires can’t be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks.” ~ James A. Baldwin
9. “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
11. “Labor, in itself, is neither elevating or otherwise. It is the laborer’s privilege to ennoble his work by the aim with which he undertakes it, and by the enthusiasm and faithfulness he puts into it.” ~ Lucy Larcom
12. “Enthusiasm is the greatest asset you can possess, for it can take you further than money, power or influence.” ~ Dada Vaswani
13. “Enthusiasm is the inspiration of everything great. Without it no man is to be feared, and with it none despised.” ~ Christian Nestell Bovee
14. “I think the really good mountaineer is the man with the technical ability of the professional and with the enthusiasm and freshness of approach of the amateur.” ~ Edmund Hillary
15. “Enthusiasm is the electricity of life. How do you get it? You act enthusiastic until you make it a habit.” ~ Gordon Parks
16. “At moments of great enthusiasm it seems to me that no one in the world has ever made something this beautiful and important.” ~ M.C. Escher
17. “Genius is always accompanied by enthusiasm.” ~ Bryant McGill
18. “To succeed in any field, our enthusiasm-eyes must sparkle and our enthusiasm-hearts must dance.” ~ Sri Chinmoy
19. “Every person is enthusiastic at times. One person has enthusiasm for 30 minutes; another person for 30 days, but it the person who has it for 30 years who makes a success of life” ~ Edward Butler George
20. “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really HAPPY is something to be ENTHUSIASTIC about.” ~ C. Kingsley
21. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~ Howard Thurman Quotes
If you’ve enjoyed this post useful in anyway, please share, your support is much appreciated.
If you enjoyed this subscribe to The Inspired Man´s newsletter for the best ideas on creating greater health, confidence and success in all areas of your life